Parents of children who are picky eaters often struggle to ensure that the children get proper nutrition. The following six tips may help parents get picky eaters to eat more:
1) being a good role model for children and eating the way you want children to eat;
2) having a good structure and fixed schedule for meal times ;
3) reducing excessive liquid intake close to or around meal times;
4) not “overselling” the meal, that is, not saying that the food is “very tasty” or “very delicious”;
5) involving children in meal preparation by taking them to grocery stores and asking them to help in the kitchen or arranging the table; and,
6) not offering perks in exchange of food intake.