Teen children react differently to divorce than younger children. Some teens may try to manipulate parents by favouring one parent over the other to get their demands met. In such circumstances, a parent should:
1. Hold their tongue and not utter sour words to children;
2. Talk to them openly about the love they have for the children;
3. Not to poison th children about the other parent or make them feel guilty for favouring the other parent;
4. Do not threat them to sever ties with them for favouring the other parent;
5. Go for counselling with them to mend their behaviour and tactics.